About The Film Director – Eric Merola
Eric Merola began his career as a motions graphics designer and animator after founding Merola Productions and was commissioned by various TV & film clients including WE Network, Fuel TV and Speed Channel. He was also employed as animation director for Flickerlab in New York City where he worked on projects for Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi, MoveOn(.org), Comedy Central and A&E.
In 2007, while building an animated sequence for Michael Moore’s feature documentary, “Capitalism: A Love Story”, Eric became aware of Dr Stanislaw Burzynski and decided that his was a ‘story that must be told’. And so, armed with over decade of experience, he set about producing, writing and directing his first documentary. Three years later, BURZYNSKI, THE MOVIE was released.
BURZYNSKI quickly attracted widespread distribution and many awards including Best Documentary 2011 on the Documentary Channel, 2 Audience Awards at the HumanDoc Festival in Warsaw 2011 and the Humanitarian Vision Award at the Newport Beach Film Festival. It also received favorable reviews from The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times and Variety, and granted Mr. Merola a guest appearance on the DR. OZ SHOW.
Eric has since completed his second documentary – BURZYNSKI: CANCER IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, PART II (2013) which has premiered in various film festivals, and took home the top Audience Award at the Sedona International Film Festival in 2014. It wasreleased on June 1, 2013 on TV and internet On Demand in over 200 million homes in 6 countries—under a major international distribution deal.
In 2014, Eric Merola’s 3rd feature documentary, “Second Opinion: Laetrile At Sloan-Kettering” opens in theaters across the United States in the Fall of 2014.
Eric Merola’s only efforts within the film industry are those listed in this bio as well as his IMDB page:
[ click here ].
- About The Film Director – Eric Merola
- Variety Magazine review’s Eric Merola’s Burzynski, the Movie (Variety Magazine)
- Eric Merola interview – June, 2013 – Underground Wellness Show – “Burzynski: Part II”
- Eric Merola – FILM THREAT’s Review of “Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business” directed by Eric Merola
- Los Angeles Times reviews Eric Merola’s “BURZYNSKI”
- Eric Merola, Documentary Director, main website: ( ericmerola.com )
- Eric Merola interviewed by Dr. Mehmet Oz – The Dr Oz Show (Oprah.com)
- Eric Merola – Documentary Filmmaker Makes Waves With Award-winning Medical Documentary
- Dana-Farber Cancer Board Member discusses Dr. Burzynski, Antineoplastons, & Industry